A biaxially oriented polystyrene film featuring outstanding gloss and smooth finish, resistance to grease and moisture, and is FDA compliant for direct food contact. Available with optional corona treatment on one or two sides.
Applications include food insert labels, tags, metallizing and pressure sensitive stock.
Available in high or low gloss white, matte, and clear in thicknesses ranging from 2 to 10 mils (50 to 250 microns).
PRINTING GRADE POLYFLEX®
- Easily die-cut and fabricated
- Excellent clarity and gloss
- Greater stability than high impact styrene
- Optional corona treatment on one or two sides for optimal anchorage of adhesives and inks
- Printable by offset, screen, UV curable, rotary letterpress, rotogravure, and flexographic processes
- Offered in high gloss white, low gloss white, matte, clear and custom colors
Applications include P.O.P. displays, backlit signs, temporary ID cards, tag stock, and labels.
Polyflex® 0530 film is a general purpose product that is clear and has been used in many market areas, such as packaging, general lamination, as well as label facestock and release liner. It is manufactured in our cast and tentered process and boasts superior tensile properties. This film is receptive to a wide variety of inks and coatings and will enhance the properties of many printing applications. The thickness range for this product is two to ten mils nominal thickness.
Polyflex® Clear 102 film is another excellent option for printing applications. It is manufactured using the blown film process and is used in applications such as over-lamination of EPS disposable plates, windows in folded cartons or mailers where the primary requirements are durability and clarity. Polyflex Clear 102 film is available in nominal thicknesses between 1.15 and 5 mils.
THERMOFORMING GRADE POLYFLEX®
Trays formed from clear Polyflex offer the packager a durable and economical container with great visibility. Some of Polyflex’s properties include:
- Crystal clarity and sparkling gloss unequaled by other plastics
- Excellent Moisture Vapor Transmission Rates (MVTR) for food protection and product appeal.
- High strength and rigidity allows stacking without fear of collapse or damage
- Developed for optimum machinability and high speed forming
- Optional silicone coating permits easy mold release and de-nesting of thermoformed trays
- Polyflex Anti-Fog Bi-axially Oriented Polystyrene available in 2-side silicone coating and 2-side anti-fog coating
POLYFLEX® (OPS) TDO SHRINK FILM
For today’s uniquely shaped containers, Polyflex® TMOPS 70-50 shrink sleeve film is the perfect fit. Our preferentially oriented polystyrene film is specially formulated with excellent lay-flat characteristics and provides a superior ink adhesion surface.
Polyflex TMOPS 70-50 shrink sleeve film is the ideal solution for optimal shelf appeal to capture consumer attention with 360º advertising capability. Our shrink sleeve film is ideal for tamper evident banding, assuring the consumer a tamper free product. When a product commands attention, insist on shrink sleeve labels printed on Polyflex TMOPS 70-50.
COLORED WINDOW FILM
Polystyrene window films have become the most popular type of envelope window film in use today. Plastic Suppliers offers a variety of polystyrene window films designed to meet your requirements.
Polyflex® Colored Window Film
Color compounded polystyrene window film is manufactured by Polyflex® (other colored window films are typically flood coated by a printer). Minimum quantity orders are required.
Applications include windows in envelopes, folding cartons, and 3-D applications.Available in .00125 gauge. Other gauges available upon request.